Friday, November 6, 2009

I Hate the Ills

So I want to congratulate all who made it into the Gifts and Garters show. I'm bummed I couldn't audition due to a secondary infection gifted to me by the wonderful H1N1 but I'm totally glad that my friends made it in. I don't know if it's supposed to be public so I have my lips sealed as to who it is. :D

Anyways, I've been on a mission to go back down to my old dancer performance weight. Before anyone starts freaking out and going, "burlesque is about all bodies," which I wholeheartedly agree upon, I also perform as a dancer in other dance forms such as modern and ballet. Those have more stringent guidelines about body type.

It is true that most artistic directors nowadays care less about actual weight and care more about technique, strength, and stamina. That being said, most dancers who have quality technique, strength, and stamina also get to experience the side effect of being slimmer and/or more cut than the average joe shmoe. After I graduated college, my activity level definitely dropped significantly despite teaching a bazillion classes a week (most of them being to tiny children which affords me no cardio whatsoever) and my body has suffered as a result.

So what I'm trying to say is, please don't invite me to KFC (I don't trust their grilled chicken) 'cause this gal is cutting back. Woot.

Oh and if anyone has any good workout videos, please send them my way. Some of the ones I've done are WAY too easy for me and end up just being a waste of my time. D: Running is going to be an option as soon as my body decides to stop being sick all the time.

Sidenote, this Sunday is Dr. Sketchy's Denton's Steampunk Show with GlamAmour so you should go because Dr. Sketchys + steampunk + GlamAmour + Zamra + Brigette Noir + Scarlet Rose Royale = awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better, sweet thing. Thanks for getting me to the right audition place! xoxo

    ReplyDelete