Sunday, February 14, 2010

Recap: Dallas Burlesque Festival 2010

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day! (or Singles Awareness Day or Anna Shaw Howard Day or Greeting Card Holiday!)

Well, it's been a week since the Dallas Burlesque Festival and I am still in an afterglow. If you missed it, you definitely missed a lot! It was my first time performing in a festival and I felt so honored to be a part of it all. It was like being a part of Dallas history, honestly.

To see a video of my performance check the Pegasus News article (I'm the second act in the video, after Bombshell Burlesque).

Anyways, on a different note, I'm going to go against my better judgment and introduce the internet to my donation button:



I need to buy new pointe shoes for my routine that I (hopefully) will be taking to the Texas Burlesque Festival. I can't really offer you anything in exchange. I was thinking maybe I could sell you space on the bottom of my new pointe shoes. Or I could sign something or I could just "owe you a favor." I don't want to beg so I'm just going to leave this up and leave this on my blog's side bar but anyways, thanks in advance if you donate! And if not, don't worry about it. I'm the queen of jerry-rigging shoes that fall apart (consequence of being a college dance major) so hopefully they'll make it until I can afford to buy a new pair.

Anyways enough of that, feel free to check out this AWESOME shot Sarah Cate Photography got of me from the Friday night show of the Dallas Burlesque Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment